Frequently Asked Questions


Why should I use a childminder?

Childminders can;

  • Provide consistent one-one care, tailored to the individual needs of a child.
  • Form a stable relationship with the child, continuing from when they are a baby through to when they need care around schooling
  • Provide care for siblings together
  • Be very flexible over the hours of care provided and can pick up or deliver children to or from other forms of care
  • Provide care in a home that can include involvement in activities such as cooking, shopping, gardening and family mealtimes.


What are your opening hours?

Opening hours are 7.30 am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday. Other hours are available on request.


What are your fees?

Normal hourly fees are £4 per hour. All fees to be paid weekly/monthly in advance


I work unusual hours can you accommodate them?

All hours will be considered. I will do my best to accommodate you and your family. Please ask.


What schools do you take and collect from?

I live a 5 minute walk from Grange View C of E First school and do Nursery/school drop offs and collections.


Who lives in your home?

I share my home with my son Jake who's 16 and also has an enhanced CRB check and my daughter Molly who is 8yrs old.


Do you have any pets?

Not at present. But we'd love to have some guinea pigs to care for. You will always be informed before we take on any pets.


Do you attend any groups?

I attend Widdrington Toddler group on a Thursday morning and Stay and play run by Coquet Children's Centre on a Tuesday afternoon. I cover the cost of these sessions.


What other activities do you do?

I attend the library and activities they put on. I attend family assembly at Grange View First school on a Friday morning and other activities they put on. I visit Stobswood woods and play area frequently and visit the donkeys.


What training/qualifications do you have relevant to childcare?

  • I qualified as a NNEB Nursery nurse in 1989
  • I have passed an Introduction to childminding 2004 and 2009
  • I have an up to date Paediatric First Aid Qualification


Will you need a deposit?

In order to secure a place for your child I require a months fees in advance.


How do we settle my children in?

I offer 2 x 2hrs settling in sessions free of charge .Should we decide more sessions are needed then these will be at a cost to yourself. Then we have a 4 week settling in period written into the contract which means either party can cancel at anytime without giving notice.


I'd like to meet you what happens now?

You can give me a ring 01670 791045 or text 07845268785 or e-mail: Jayne Muir

Then you can visit me in my home, discuss your needs, see how I get on with your children, have a look round my home. I will give you my Welcome Pack to take home with you to help you decide whether I'm right for you. You don't need to decide at our first meeting.

If you then decide to use me as your childcare we then meet to sign contracts and I will give you copies of my policies and procedures.


Can I get help toward childcare costs?

Only the Inland Revenue can tell you this. Checkout their website or give them a ring 08453003900